That is how much Viper Nation Education Foundation gave last year to hard working VHS teachers, in the form of Impact Grants. Impact Grants are financial awards to teachers who complete a rigorous grant application requesting funds for a specific tool that might improve teaching in their classroom. Some examples are:
- $2,000 to Drew Sanders for leadership curriculum.
- $2,500 to Troy Bruce, to improve student-microscope ratio In AP Biology class
- $6,000 to Christa Martin and Debbie Quick to improve writing responsibility and peer evaluation in VHS writing courses.
Besides Impact Grants, every year VNEF supports:
- $10,000 a year funding Naviance, the college and career planning software for every student
- $3,000 a year given for the SAT in-school support available for every senior and junior taking the SAT
- $5,300 a year given for the PSAT Boot Camp
Since 2009, VNEF has given Vandegrift $331,436 to create SUCCESSFUL ACADEMIC PROGRAMS.
But we cannot do this without YOUR help.
This is our last week for our Fall Giving Campaign.